I am looking for talented people with a background in computer science or closely related fields and an interest in information security and applied cryptography.
My main research focus is on security and privacy aspects of digital currency and smart contract systems as well as some aspects of trustworthy computing. Check out my publications to see some of my recent work. If you are interested in working on similar topics, please get in touch!
I am currently mainly looking for PhD students, but I am also open to applications for PostDocs and can offer fully funded positions for this as well. The positions are at the CISPA Helmholtz Center for Information Security, one of the world’s top research institutions in the area of information security. The start dates for the positions are flexible.
As a PhD candidate or PostDoc, you will be employed for a 100% position based on the TVöD (collective agreement) including all benefits. For PhDs you will be employed according to E13 and as a PostDoc according to E14 which corresponds to around €4.1k and €4.5k per month (before taxes), respectively.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree with excellent grades in Computer Science or a closely related field
- For PostDocs: a PhD in Computer Science or related field and a good publication record
- Strong communication skills in English
- Background in security and/or cryptography
- Good programming skills in at least one language
How to apply
Please send me your application via email as a single PDF, including
[PhD application] or
[PostDoc application] in the subject line.
The application should include:
- Short (max. 1 page) description of your background and research interests
- CV (incl. list of publications if applicable)
- Transcripts of records & relevant certificates
- A short summary of your recent research work (e.g. Master thesis)
- Optionally, you can include reference letters or a list of references